Green Card


Immigration Attorney Serving Broward County & Miami-Dade County

You can obtain a permanent resident status in the United States, commonly known as a green card, through family, marriage, employment, political asylum, or other means. This green card will allow you to live and work legally in this country. It will also allow you to travel in and out of the country. The process of obtaining a green card can be very competitive as the number of registration cards issued by the government each year is limited.

If you’re looking to become a permanent resident in the United States,
call The Law Offices of Jonny Kousa, P.L. to discuss your options.

Family-Based Immigration

There are different ways in which families can come to reside in the United States:

Family Visas

Who Qualifies for a Family Visa?

  • United States citizen or a Legal Permanent Resident (LPR) may be able to sponsor his or her family members for visas. There are two categories of Family-Based Immigration Visas:
    Immediate Relative Immigrant Visas: A U.S. citizen can sponsor the following immediate close relatives for a Family-based Immigration Visa:
    1. Spouse (IR1);
    2. Unmarried child under 21 years of age (IR2);
    3. Foreign orphan adopted abroad (IR3);
    4. Foreign orphan to be adopted in the U.S. (IR4); and
    5. Parent of a U.S. citizen who is at least 21 years of age (IR5).
  • Family Preference Immigrant Visas: This type of visas allows a U.S. Citizen or a Legal Permanent Resident (LPR) to sponsor more distant relatives. The family preference categories are:
    1. Family First Preference (F1): Unmarried children of U.S. citizens, and their children;
    2. Family Second Preference (F2): Spouses, minor children, unmarried children (age 21 and over), of LPRs;
    3. Family Third Preference (F3): Married children of U.S. citizens, and their spouses and minor children;
    4. Family Fourth Preference (F4): Siblings of U.S. citizens, and their spouses and minor children, provided that the U.S. citizens are age 21 and over.

Fiancé Visas

A U.S. citizen may bring his or her foreign citizen fiancé(e) to the United States with a non-immigrant (K-1) visa. The marriage must take place within 90 days form the day the foreign born fiancé(e) arrives in the U.S; otherwise, the K-1 visa will automatically expire and the foreign citizen could face possible deportation or other legal consequences. Once the parties are married within 90 days, then the foreign citizen will apply for adjustment of status to a Legal Permanent Resident (LPR).

Broward County Immigration Lawyer

If you want to sponsor a relative for a family visa, a Broward County Immigration Lawyer in Coconut Creek is here to help. Call The Law Offices of Jonny Kousa, P.L. at (954) 626-8071. Whether you live in West Palm Beach, Coral Springs, Fort Lauderdale, Plantation, Hollywood, or Miami Beach, we have an office location close to you. Our firm serves all counties in South Florida, including Palm Beach County, Broward County, and Miami-Dade County.

Contact us today for a FREE consultation.

Client Testimonials

    “Jonny is truly a champion of leagues in his profession.”

    - Jesus

    “Jonny made me and my family feel comfortable as he listened attentively to the things that mattered.”

    - Sheila Williams

    “I cannot thank Mr. Kousa enough for helping me get through my legal battle.”

    - Gloria Cosme

    “I would highly recommend Mr. Kousa to anyone looking for a true professional.”

    - Daniel Perez

    “I highly recommend Mr. Kousa if you’re looking for an excellent family law attorney in Broward County!”

    - Bill Marshall

    “Mr. Kousa eliminated mountains of stress that previous attorneys allowed to fall on my shoulders.”

    - Seelena Singh


Let Us Protect Your Rights

Schedule a Free Consultation Today 
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.