A non-citizen can apply for two kinds of visas – an immigrant visa and a non-immigrant visa.

Immigrant Visa

Obtaining an immigrant visa is the first step in the process of becoming a lawful permanent resident. In order for a non-citizen to qualify for an immigrant Visa, he or she must be sponsored by an immediate relative or a prospective employer who is a U.S. citizen or a legal permanent resident. The most common type of immigrant visas is the family-based immigrant visa and the employment-based immigrant visa.

Non-Immigrant Visa

With a non-immigrant Visa, a non-citizen can remain in the United States for a specific purpose and specific period of time. Non-immigrant Visas include a B-1 Business Visitor Visa, a B-2 tourism Visa, or a combination of both (B-1/B-2).
A B-1 Business Visitor Visa will allow you to conduct activities in the United States such as:

  • Consulting with your business associates;
  • Attending a scientific, educational, professional, or a business convention or conference;
  • Settling an estate;
  • Negotiating a contract;
  • Participating in a training program; and
  • Participating in sport activities (professional athletes).

A B-2 Tourism Visa will allow you to conduct activities in the United States such as:

  • Tourism;
  • Vacation;
  • Visiting family and friends;
  • Receiving medical treatment;
  • Participating in social events;
  • Participating as an amateur in musical, sports, or similar events or contests as long as you’re not paid for such participation; and
  • Enrolling in a short recreational course of study as long as you’re not receiving credit toward a degree.

Visa Lawyer Serving Clients in Boca Raton & Throughout South Florida

Applying for a Visa can be a long and exhausting process. If you, or someone you know, need a knowledgeable Florida Immigration Lawyer to help you get the visa that you need, then contact The Law Offices of Jonny Kousa, P.L. in Coconut Creek at (954) 626-8071. Office appointments are available at three different locations close to South Florida’s major cities, including, but not limited to, West Palm Beach, Coral Springs, Fort Lauderdale, Plantation, Hollywood, or Miami Beach. Our firm serves all counties in South Florida, including Palm Beach County, Broward County, and Miami-Dade County. We also serve clients who live overseas and are interested in getting a visa to come to the United States.

Contact us today for a FREE consultation.

Get Started with a Free Consultation

  • Please enter your name.
  • This isn't a valid email address.
  • This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.